Applications and enquiries: please use the International Student Enquiry Form
Delivery address for couriers:
International Agents Newsletter
Volume 3, No. 3 (15 February 2008)
For all agents - applications for Health Sciences
If you are referring applicants to undergraduate Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing or Oral Health, did you know....
- Applicants must meet the English language requirements - it is not permitted to package an English course with these programs.
- Applicants must take a Personal Qualities Assessment (PQA) - the fee this year will be A$200 (the PQA is not required for Nursing). Selected applicants will be asked to attend an interview.
- Applicants applying for Medicine, Dentistry and Oral Health must attend the PQA in Singapore, KL, Melbourne or Adelaide on a date to be advised. Penang will not be available as a PQA venue in 2008.
NOTE: The fee for the PQA in 2008 will be $200 - this information is incorrect on the application form in the 2009 prospectus.
For all agents – Update from the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Professor Hong Shen has been appointed as Associate Dean (International) in the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences for 2008 and brings extensive international experience to this role.
New programs in the Faculty in 2008:
* Bachelor of Computer Graphics
* Bachelor of Engineering in Architectural Engineering
* Bachelor of Engineering in Avionics and Electronic Systems Engineering
* Bachelor of Engineering in Computational Engineering
* Bachelor of Engineering in Sports Engineering
* Bachelor of Engineering in Sustainable Energy Engineering
* Graduate Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation
* Master of Engineering in Aerospace Engineering
* Master of Engineering (Advanced) in Aerospace Engineering
* Master of Engineering (Advanced) in Electrical Engineering
International Office Staff Profile – Frances McKinnon
In this issue we profile Frances McKinnon, who has worked in the International Office since March 2006, as an administration assistant. The position involves data entry of student applications and dealing with email and phone enquiries.
Fran previously worked as a medical secretary in tissue pathology in the private and public pathology sectors, including overseas in Edinburgh, Scotland. Prior to that she was a nurse.
Fran and her husband spent 2 years working and travelling overseas before settling down to start their family. They were blessed with 3 children, who are now teenagers.
The Master of Commerce (Applied Finance) and the Master of Accounting and Finance have been accepted as Program Partners in the CFA Program. The CFA Program is regarded as the most rigorous and high value professional association in the field of finance. The University of Adelaide joins only three other universities in Australia to be recognised as CFA Program Partners of the CFA Institute.
Volume 3, No 4 on Friday 29 February 2008
18 February is Presidents Day in the USA
21 February is International Mother Language Day in Bangladesh
24 February is Independence Day in Estonia
28 February is Peace Memorial Day in Taiwan