Applications and enquiries: please use the International Student Enquiry Form
Delivery address for couriers:
Pages and Feeds
Connect with the University of Adelaide via rss feeds, Facebook and Twitter:
International Agents Newsletter
Volume 3, No. 4 (29 February 2008)
International Office opening hours
The International Office will be closed on Monday 10 March 2008 for Adelaide Cup Day and Volunteers Day. Normal office hours resume on Tuesday 11 March.
Upcoming application closing dates
- 30 March 2008 - undergraduate applications for commencement in Semester 2, 2008 wishing to be considered for a scholarship
- 30 April 2008 - applications for commencement in Semester 1 2009 for Clinical Dentistry and Forensic Odontology
- 1 May 2008 - all other applications for commencement in Semester 2, 2008
Reminder - applications for Medicine and Dentistry
If you are referring applicants to undergraduate Medicine, Dentistry or Oral Health:
- Applicants must take a Personal Qualities Assessment (PQA) - the fee this year will be A$200. Selected applicants will be asked to attend an interview.
- Applicants applying for Medicine, Dentistry and Oral Health must attend the PQA in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne or Adelaide on a date to be advised. Penang will not be available as a PQA venue in 2008.
NOTE: The fee for the PQA in 2008 will be $200 - this information is incorrect on the application form in the 2009 prospectus.
International Office Staff Profile – Sandra Findlay
In this issue we profile Sandra Findlay, who is on secondment to the Adelaide Abroad section of the International Office. Sandra has a Bachelor of Education and Graduate Diploma in Educational Counselling, and has worked as a Student Support Officer in the
School of Commerce (now part of the new Business School) for over 8 years. One of her major roles is Co-ordinator of the Exchange/Study Abroad program for Commerce and Finance students. Working within the Adelaide Abroad office has allowed Sandra to see the entire process from first enquiry to the placement of students at their desired overseas institution. Sandra enjoys working with students and likes to reconnect with them when they return from their time away to hear about their experiences.
Sandra is the mother of two adult children, a very loveable Malamute and the wife of an Essendon supporter (she is an ardent Collingwood supporter), however, because he travels a lot she does get to tag along at least once a year, preferably to a good holiday destination for her while he works!
University News - Offshore Graduate Ceremonies April 2008
The University of Adelaide is holding offshore graduation ceremonies in Singapore and Hong Kong in April 2008:
Sunday 13 April 2008 at 2:00pm - Hong Kong Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
Saturday 19 April 2008 at 2:00pm - Singapore Ngee Ann-Adelaide Education Centre
Volume 3, No 5 on Friday 14 March 2008