International Agents Newsletter
Volume 3, No. 8 (25 April 2008)
Application closing dates
1 May 2008 - applications for commencement in Semester 2, 2008.
Please note: the International Office is unable to guarantee that any application received after 1 May 2008 will enable commencement in Semester 2, 2008.
** NEW - Online Enquiry Form **
- lodge applications (including the completed application form and supporting documentation);
- lodge additional information as required; and
- make enquiries about the progress of applications.
When using the Online Enquiry Form it is recommended that you have the applicant's reference number as you will be required to enter the reference number, or all of the applicant's personal details prior to submitting the Online Enquiry Form. This will aid efficient identification of the applicant by the International Office.
The Online Enquiry Form will replace email@example.com as your first point of enquiry from Monday 5 May 2008. Please ensure your colleagues are also aware of this change as any new emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org after Monday 5 May will be deleted.
Humanities and Social Sciences Winter School
The Winter School programs (27 June - 25 July 2008: 4 weeks intensive) are intended to provide an opportunity for cultural immersion for international students through academic courses that contain a strong focus on Australian issues and contexts. Courses available in 2008 include Indigenous History and Media. Please see the Winter School website for more information.
We would be very grateful for your assistance in ensuring that application documentation is completed and that scanned documents or photocopies are legible. A basic application will include:
- fully completed application form;
- full transcripts (correctly certified);
- evidence of award qualification eg. Bachelor degree certificate, Diploma certificate (all correctly certified); and
- evidence of meeting the University's English Language conditions.
Details of program-specific additional requirements, such as resume, evidence of work experience, or other documentation can be found in our International Prospectuses.
Reminder - applications for Medicine and Dentistry
Applicants to undergraduate Medicine, Dentistry or Oral Health must take a Personal Qualities Assessment (PQA). The fee this year is A$200 - this information is incorrect on the application form in the 2009 prospectuses. The PQA will be held in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne or Adelaide on a date to be advised. Penang will not be available as a PQA venue in 2008.
- The University of Adelaide has been awarded one of the highly sought after Australian Research Council Federation Fellowships, boosting our reputation as a world leader in optical fibre research. Read more: [Federation Fellow for University of Adelaide]
- The University of Adelaide has announced plans to make Singapore its second largest campus within two years, projecting a doubling of student numbers by 2010 with the help of its education partner, Ngee Ann Kongsi. Read more: [Singapore growth strategy for the University
Volume 3, No 9 on Friday 9 May 2008.