Things to do once you have arrived
1. Phone home! Your friends and family at home will be eager to hear
that you have arrived in Adelaide safely.
2. Rest and drink plenty of water.
3. Get to know the local area. Take a walk to find out your closest shops and public transport stop.
4. Learn to use public transport - http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/
5. Read your Arrival Pocket Guide found in your Welcome Package. The Guide includes
• hints on your first 72 hours in Adelaide
• a list of places to eat in the city
• a list of places you can buy food, medicine and toiletries
• a list of useful numbers
• and much much more
6. Check when and where you need to attend your Orientation program (information included in the Welcome letter you received on arrival).
7. Find the location of the International Student Centre (L9 on the North Tce campus map provided in your Welcome Package).
8. Students starting in semester 1 or semester 2 ensure you attend the Orientation Program. Visit the Orientation web page to find out more.